Regular carpet cleaning is the simplest, most effective way to prolong the life of your carpet. Regular vacuuming and spot cleaning are also recommended to maintain the appearance of your carpet between professional cleanings. You can use the following tips to help you keep your carpet clean from Above & Beyond Carpet Cleaning:
- If you have a busy home with pets, kids or lots of guests and activities, have your carpet professionally cleaned every six months, or use a deep cleaning machine between professional cleanings. If you have white or light-colored carpet, or if you have dark or set stains, professional carpet cleaning is recommended over DIY carpet cleaners.
- Clean spills as soon as they happen by using a dry, white towel to remove any excess moisture, and apply a commercial carpet cleaning product to the area. Follow the instructions on the carpet cleaner to remove the stain before the stain dries for the best results.
- You can also use plain water and white vinegar to clean stains on your carpet. Dilute the vinegar with an equal amount of water, and apply a small amount of the cleaner to the stain by blotting the area with a towel dampened in the cleaner.
- Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter to clean your carpet in between professional cleanings. Most people should vacuum at least once a week, or more often in rooms with heavy traffic. You should also vacuum after using foaming carpet cleaners.
- If dust and dirt are a problem, install a welcome mat to wipe shoes on, or have both people living in the home and guests take their shoes off before entering the home. Not wearing shoes in the home cuts down on carpet wear-and-tear and helps keep your home healthier.
What to Know
Daily vacuuming is recommended in homes where dust is an issue. Dust, and other dry particles, travel through the air and enter the home naturally throughout the course of a day. Daily vacuuming also has the benefit of removing mites and other allergens from the home, particularly when you use a vacuum that is fitted with a HEPA filter.
If you have stained or less-than-spotless carpet, the best carpet cleaning in Raleigh NC is available for you. Professional carpet cleaning in Raleigh NC is a fast, efficient and affordable way to maintain the appearance of your carpet for many years to come.