Top 5 Tips to Help You Quickly Clean Stains From Your Carpet
In Rolesville, carpet protection is essential because the environment can lead to a lot of stuff being tracked indoors. This means a lot of dirt can get on your carpet, and that doesn’t even include the indoor carpet dangers. It seems that anything from wine to pet urine can end up on your carpet causing you to need professional stain removal services. Its true that carpets take a lot of abuse, but there are a couple of solutions that can help you get stains out of your carpet quickly, saving you the cost of professional stain removal services. Keep reading to find out more about these fast and easy solutions.
- The first thing you should do with any spill on your carpet is to blot it dry as much as possible. Use a soft cloth. Anything that is too abrasive could mess up the fibers in your carpet. You will also want to blot, not rub or scrub. Scrubbing will just push the stain down into the pile.
- There are many stains that can be cleaned with a water-detergent mix or a water-vinegar mix. Some of these stains include sodas, alcohol, tea, ice cream, jelly, and more. Washable paints or inks, as well as latex paint can also cleaned with a water-vinegar solution. Don’t use too much detergent or vinegar. In general, use only a half of a teaspoon per 32 ounces of water. For tougher water soluble stains like blood, coffee, or vomit, use ammonia instead of detergent or vinegar.
- For urine, you may want to use a special pet urine cleaner. You can still blot it dry, but the cleaner may have special instructions on the bottle. This special cleaner is needed to prevent your carpet from having a bad smell.
- Stains from wax or oils can be cleaned up with heat. Simply put paper towels over the stains and use a warm iron to iron over them. The oils or wax should soak into the paper towels. Make sure you put the iron on warm, not hot. You don’t want to burn the paper towels or your carpet, or worse, set something on fire.
- Keeping your carpet clean can be a challenge but using these simple solutions should make spill clean up easier. In a lot of cases these two solutions can save you the cost of stain removal services in Rolesville, but if they don’t completely come out of your carpet or if your carpet has an odor, then you may want to consider stain removal services in Rolesville. We are the leading Rolesville carpet protection specialists and can provide you with excellent service. For more information, contact us today.