Discovering a stain on your carpet is always disheartening, but there are many products available on the market that can help clear up most common spills. Ideally, any recent spill or dirt should be cleaned up as soon as they occur so that most stains can be prevented. Doing so can help you to avoid rushing out to purchase expensive carpet cleaners. It can also be helpful to know that many items you already have in your home can help with carpet stain removal such as vinegar and lemon juice if you know how to use them correctly. Check out these pro tips for removing carpet stains and remember to contact our Raleigh carpet cleaning professionals for any stains that are beyond your ability to remove.
How to Remove Pet Stains & Odors
- When it comes to carpet cleaning Raleigh NC residents frequently have stubborn pet stains. One of the best options for removing pet stains and odors is as simple as using water to rehydrate the stain and lift it out of the carpet fibers. If you have a steam cleaner handy, this is the time to use it.
- A second option is to mix one teaspoon of ammonia with a cup of water. Spray or blot it onto the carpet while being careful to avoid soaking it all the way to the backing. Then, use a towel to blot the stain until it is removed.
- A final option is to make a soap water solution using one teaspoon of hand or dish soap and a quart of water.
How to Remove Ink Stains
Ink spots are one of the most challenging types of carpet stain removal; however, this method may help you find success.
- Pour isopropyl rubbing alcohol onto a clean white cloth or paper towel.
- Begin blotting the stain until it is removed.
- Try to use a clean part of the cloth each time you blot so that smearing the strain is avoided.
How to Remove Beer & Wine Stains
- Mix one part vinegar with one part water to create a solution for removing carpet stains.
- Saturate the stain using a spray bottle filled with the solution.
- Allow the solution to soak into the carpet stain for at least 15 minutes.
- Use a sponge to rub the stain.
- Use warm water to rinse the solution from the carpet.
- Make sure to brush the carpet pile back into its natural direction.
- Place a stack of layered paper towels on the area and cover it with something heavy such as a book. Allow this to stay until the area has completely dried.
For more help with carpet cleaning Raleigh NC residents should give us a call today to get a free estimate on our stain removal services.