As most pet owners know, it can be hard to keep pets in a carpeted home. Hair and accidents can lead to a need for carpet odor removal, and some dogs have a bad habit of scratching or digging at carpet. This can lead to frayed, faded, or dirty carpeting. Before you start hunting for Cary carpet cleaning services, it can be helpful to understand your dog’s motives a little more.
Reasons Dogs May Scratch Carpet
There are a few main reasons why dogs may be trying to scratch or dig at carpet.
What Can You Do About It?
If your dog is scratching so much that you may end up needing help from a pet stain removal service, you can follow these steps to fix the issue.
1. Find the underlying cause of the scratching.
2. Take steps to soothe a dog’s anxiety, boredom, or behavioral issues.
3. Distract your dog from scratching.
4. Place down protective rugs or mats.
5. Keep your dog in a carpet free area when you aren’t at home.
Once you’ve solved your dog’s carpet scratching problem, it will be time to fix the damage left behind. Our pet stain removal service experts have plenty of experience dealing with carpet damaged by pets. Contact us today to learn more about our Cary carpet cleaning services.